Tuesday, January 15, 2013

I like surprises

12/23/12:

It’s happened. Something that my parents have given up hope on has finally happened. I am getting MARRIED. It’s obvious my parents weren’t expecting this from me - My mom even thanked Bo for this hahaha. We went to the movies on 12/23/12 and watched “The Reacher” with Tom Cruise. It was a pretty good movie too. When we left the movies Bo looked over at me and whispered in my ear “I want to spend the rest of my life with you.” And then he pulled out the ring and asked if I would marry him. Of course I said yes. He didn’t get down on his knee, which I’m actually glad. I’m not a fan of drawing attention to me, and it’s too traditional that way. I like things different. We then walked around the mall and went to a furniture store and picked out our furniture and appliances for our future house lol. We spent a lot of money (in my plans). When I got home, mom and Candis were in the kitchen cooking, preparing our Christmas dinner (yes, it’s 2 days before Christmas, but due to schedules this was our Christmas night). I just waved my hand in Candis’s face asking if she needed help. She then grabbed my hand, smiled and said ‘Susan. Look at this!’ mom saw it, hugged me, cried a little and whispered ‘good. I like Bo.’ Haha. Then Bo walked in and mom hugged him and told him ‘thank you’. She’s such a sap. Gotta love her! James didn’t say anything about it. He just stood there. I’m not sure what his take is on it really. He did just meet Bo the day before for a quick minute. To him, Bo’s a new guy. And my brother was really quite fond of my ex and he was disappointed that we ended things. Dad just shook his hand and said “you’d do anything to get your hands on that AR I showed you!” (AR=nice huge gun that my dad and Bo were playing with). It was funny. I’m happy. And excited. And I think they are too. Now I have to tell other family…










Photobucket

1 comment:

Heather said...

Congrats!!! So happy for you!