Friday, February 15, 2013

Revenge of the Homecoming Queen

This was one of my free books I downloaded on Amazon through Pixel of Ink.  I love their website for free books.  I’m cheap, and don’t like to buy books if I don’t have to.  J

(Amazon gift card are GREATLY appreciated so I can buy my books on my kindle app, and book recommendations are also appreciated)

Revenge of the Homecoming Queen
Aspen Brooks has dreamed all her life to become her high school’s homecoming Queen.  She is pretty, popular, and into everything Prada.  She has a great fashion sense and knows what’s in style year-long.  She’s dating the Quarterback, which is a definite requirement for the prettiest, most popular girl to do, especially if you want to win homecoming. She has been planning her entire life’s moves and wardrobe based on the event of becoming homecoming queen.  The time has come, the king is picked- and it is NOT who you expect.  And then, then queen’s name is called- Aspen is slightly happy because she is not satisfied with the king’s choice and her rival is now stuck with him for the week of events, however, her entire life’s dream has now been shattered. 

Aspen quickly realizes that being so shallow and popular isn’t what she wants, and neither is her cheating quarterback of a boyfriend.  With twists and turns, Aspen tries to win the man she loves over, while dealing with a possible murderer lurking in the town kidnapping people.

This book had funny moments and made me think back to my high school day’s as well.  It kept me interested throughout the entire book. (although I must admit, I figured out who the possible-murderer is way before Aspen did, so call me DETECTIVE JULIE :P )

I recommend this book as an easy read for some comedic relief. I’ll rate it a 3.5 out of 4 as well. 
 

No comments: