Friday, February 8, 2013

The Next Always


So my awesome bff, Heather, gave me a book for Christmas.  My selfish response when I read the cover was “WHAT? This is book 1 of a series? That means I’ll have to read more than one in a row to finish it all!” lol.  I’m such a scatterbrain that I have to read a series back to back to back in order to remember the previous built-up story line.  Lucky for her, I really enjoyed this book and canNOT wait to start the 2nd, which I plan on getting and starting tomorrow.  

The Next Always


I started this book this Saturday, and finished it on Sunday.  If you know me, that’s insanely fast.  But, I was working my 2nd job that was not busy, so basically I sat in a chair, with my feet propped up on another chair across from me, and just read for about 6 hours a day, two days in a row.  

Going to try to give my review, without giving away too much.
Clare, a young mother with two boys, and pregnant with her third became a widow by her military husband.  She moved back to her hometown in order to have hers and his family and friends support through the troubling times.  Fast forward, the book begins 6 years after Clare moves to town.  The Montgomery’s have a family construction business and are in the process of remodeling an old Inn in town that hasn’t been used in decades.  One of the three Montgomery Brothers, Beckett, has been pining for Clare for nearly 15 years, since they were 15.  Due to the construction being next to her local book store, he has had the opportunity to talk to her, and even ask her out on a date.  Battling with love, work, kids, and a narcissistic-stalker on the prowl, this is a great love-story book with a very happy ending.

Definitely give me 4.5 stars out of 5. 
On to book 2!


No comments: