Friday, July 12, 2013

Lunch with the big dawgs

It’s not a really big deal, but it’s unique for a company and unique for me as well. A week ago my boss told me that he chose me from our department to have “Snacks with Steph”, to be scheduled June 24. Steph is our CEO/President for my company. She tries to be down to earth and relate to the employees. She does a monthly blog (sometimes bi-monthly) to keep us informed if what’s going on. My company employees 680 people currently, in about 15 different cities, some 3 hours away, so it’s nice for her to do this to keep all informed. Anyway- She extends this offer to several departments each month to select 1-2 people to have lunch with her. This was the first time my department got the offer, and I was chosen. I didn’t ask to have lunch with her. It made me feel honored that my boss thought of me first. It was 1-1/2 hour lunch where about 15 of us sat in a conference room and just got to talk with her. It was pretty neat to be a part of that. The culture of my company is really genuine for the most-part, and we stick out. We were even voted one of the top work places in the Houston – area.


 Photobucket

No comments: