Thursday, January 1, 2015

American Sniper

Wow.  It took me about a week due to a lot of stuff going on, to finish this book. My goal was to finish my 12/31.  I didn’t realize I only had about 10 pages left when I quit reading for the day, so I actually finished on 1/1.  Instead of my last book of the year, I made it my first book of the new year.  So much for reaching my 18 book a year goal. We’ll try again!
 
American Sniper by Chris Kyle is an amazing true story about… well, an American Sniper.  Chris joined the Navy and worked his way up to become a Navy Seal and Sniper during the battle on terror.  I have to say this book is great and I can’t wait to see the movie that came out last week to see if it gives Chris the justice he deserves as an American Hero. 
 
American Sniper talks about his life at home as well as his life as a Seal. For this man, he is better fit as a man to serve our country than the husband his wife needed. I am thankful every day for men and women with the ambition and heart that he had to want to protect USA.  Chris is a Texas Cowboy gone Seal and lived the life of a Navy Seal until the day he was murdered on the homefront.  Ironically, he died from being shot (by a ‘friend’) near Dallas.
 ** update: on Jan 24, 2015, we went to watch the movie and it was every bit as amazing as the book. In fact, it made Chris Kyle look like an even bigger hero and person than in the book he wrote. Great great movie of a Great War hero. When the movie ended, not a single person spoke while leaving the theatre. Very moving. RIP Chris Kyle. 

No comments: