Saturday, December 27, 2014

Re-purposed shirt

I had a sewing machine since I was 22 (9 years if you do the math right). It never ever worked for me. I made up my mind that seeing is not something I can do. A few months ago my mom sat down to show me how, and turns out a major piece was missing, which is why it never worked. Han so, maybe I don't suck at it...

Last week I had a sudden urge to attempt to sew, so I went to my mom's and got hers (which was my grandma's. And ironically, the day I had the urge is the day my grandma would have been 88.  Think she was talking to me.) 

I practiced for a few days and finally attempted on the real deal. This is Pinterest-inspired and turned our awesome! 

I just took a shirt that was too tight and added some fabric to the sides. The camp fabric is actually from my friend's marine BDU's. Which is fitting for the shirt. 





This is a before and after picture. 


No comments: