Sunday, February 15, 2015

Valentine's Day 2015

 
Valentine’s day means different things to different people. To some, it’s a day to cook for your loved ones, to go out and celebrate being together. To some, it’s a sad day of mourning a loved one, and to others, it’s just another normal day.  
 
I’ve never been big on the day, but enjoy getting the one I love something small, just to say ‘hey, I appreciate having you around’.  We all need that reminder throughout the year. I really wish there were more days similar during the year, only with less hallmark expectations.  My Valentine’s day this year is one I’ve never experienced before. 
 
My boyfriend’s dad passed away just over a month ago. He donated his body to science, so there was no funeral.  One if my boyfriend’s siblings lives in another state, and since there was no funeral, the decided to have a family get-together/memorial at the next best time the out-of-state brother can come to town, which just happened to fall on Valentine’s day.  I haven’t had to deal with someone my age lose a parent before.  It’s really hard.  We all gathered for the day at a sister’s house and a few friends of my boyfriend’s also came to show support. We sat around visiting, laughing, eating more food than I can imagine, and reminiscing. Overall, it was a pretty great day, considering.  We hit a couple bumpy spots during all of it, but it was still good.
 
Since our Valentine’s day was planned with that, Pete decided to treat me to an early VDay.  He bought me a one-hour massage, and even made the reservations. I get home from work one day last week, and he says “hurry up. Let’s go. I have a surprise for you.”  Best place EVER to get a massage.  He also had ½ dozen roses delivered to me at work, and got an extra rose for me when I came home.  I cooked my awesome pork chops for dinner and it was great.  Happy 2015 Valentine’s Day.

Here's a pic of me and Pete and his wonderful friends who a) drove 3 hours to be with him for this and 2) ended up skipping his quad rugby game for Pete. Amazing friends that will do that. (nevermind the random dude who looks like he' staring at my boobs... Probably because the look entirely lopsided in this picture. haha )










No comments: