Monday, April 16, 2012

Prison-City, Texas

I just learned that CMT is going to host two new reality shows, one of them is called "Trinity 911" and this is what they say about the show.

"CMT takes a look at the on and off-duty antics of the most colorful police department in Texas in the new 10-episode workplace docu-comedy, TRINITY 911. The officers in tiny Trinity, Texas (population 2,656) may not have the world’s highest crime rate to contend with, but keeping their small town safe from danger is a full-time job for this fun-loving crew. TRINITY 911 is produced by Endemol USA."

Trinity, Tx is right outside of the prison-city I've been living in for the last 9 years. Everyone that lives there works in my town, or doesn't work at all. Trinity is known for two things- Meth and no teeth (although maybe it really is one thing, as people who do meth have no teeth). Most people from there, I know, are missing teeth. Most people are meth-heads. It is also known as one of the top meth cities in Texas- surprising considering the city is next to the prison-city of Texas. (by prison-city, I mean we have 8 prisons in this own town, and it is where the Prison's headquarters are located).

I'm curious about this show, and me and my friend (who is a pro at going to jail, not that I'm bragging...) are already plotting ways to get arrested and be on CMT, so watch for us!!! I think this is going to be another way to make East Texas look more hillbilly than it really is.

There have been several movies/shows that have been filmed from my town already- "Dazed and Confused" which is actually based off of a lot of friend's parents I know, and even my boss, "The Life of David Gale" and "The Bachelor" with Brad Womack, the first time he was on the show (well, this one was filmed in a small city next to this town) but still, they like to make us look a LOT worse than we really are. This is going to be fun to watch I'm sure.


Photobucket

No comments: