Monday, February 20, 2012

Ski Colorado

Had an amazing week long vacation with the boy.  We also had some mis-haps along the way which make this awesome trip even better to remember.  :)

1- After a long day of flying (for him) and driving (for us) we decided to stop somewhere in Texas for the night.  When checking out,   all of a sudden I got really hot and extremely dizzy.  Next thing I know, I open my eyes and a man was kneeling next to me staring, and a woman was leaning over me staring, while my head was resting on the boy's chest and he was also staring at me. I was confused and I asked the guy that was staring at me what was going on. This is what I was told happened: I walked up to the boy, leaned my head on his chest, at this point I passed out, hit my head on the counter top, he caught me, and he squatted down as I went down to the floor. I landed on my knees and he kept me from hitting my head on the floor. Two employees that worked there quickly ran from around the counter to check on me. then I woke up. I have never before passed out, and I have no idea what made it happen this time. pretty embarrassing.I was fine after that.

2- We arrive to our first destination in Colorado Springs, at his cousin's place.  He was having a Walking Dead Season Premier party.  Neither me nor the boy watch this, so we had no idea what was going on.  3 soldiers and 1 soldier's wife all have guns out on their laps, while the guys play with them from time to time during the show. The reason- In case a zombie comes out of the TV, they are prepared.  What kind of show are we WATCHING?!!

3- At the ski resort, we get on a lift and go up, and wee notice another ski lift to the right of this one when we get off, that takes you higher. Without looking at a map, we get on that lift and go up pretty dang high. We get off, and see signs for BLUE slopes. Blue, next level from green, can't be too bad we thought. first leg of the slope, an almost straight down slope. wtf?! I stare at it for 10 minutes. after 5, the boy takes off down and probably falls about 4-5 times. I go down as a grandma, super slow. don't fall any though. The entire ski trail has slopes like this one.  He falls another 10+ times, i don't, but he just takes off like a champ while it takes me way longer to get down. I was practically skiing straight over, with a slight uphill to it to keep from going so fast. Lesson from this- blue, which sounds fairly easy, is NOT. 

4- After relaxing in the hot tub, I am wet, wearing hardly any clothes, and it's about 17 degrees outside, snowing.  His truck wouldn't grip the road due to the ice and fresh powdered snow, so we couldn't make it up the hill to the condo.  We had to walk.  It was cold.  

5-Went out for some brunch, and after we ordered, a kid walked past our table and THREW UP. and when someone throws up, I normally do too.  So glad this wasn't the case this time.

But overall, the trip= ah-maze-ing. 

Just a few pictures I managed to capture:

It's snowing. and It's cold.
me and the boy





















view from the slopes

Going down a Blue Slope- oops.



View from the balcony of the condo







Photobucket

1 comment: