Thursday, February 2, 2012

Why water is good for you

If you don't regularly drink water, I am going to tell you the benefits of it.

Reason #1- I used to drink cokes. non-stop. In fact, i grew up only drinking sodas, never having any water, for years. Maybe on occasion I'd have a cup of water before bed, or accidently swallow water when brushing my teeth, but that's about it. Dad got high cholesterol and we had to switch to caffeine free coke. Still tasted the same, but we never considered going to water instead. Then I turned 22, and started getting migraines about 1-3 times a month. every month. I'm still drinking only cokes, because that's all I know, and it's so good. When I was 26 I decided my new years resolution would be to lose weight (isn't that everyones?) and one way to do that I knew, was to quit drinking so many sodas. I cut back to one coke a day, and started drinking water. a couple months after I started drinking water, my migraines went away. so I made sure to keep water a part of my daily routine, but I wasn't sure if that had anything to do with the migraines or not.

Then my brother got married. I went home for the week, where there are only sodas. within 3 days of drinking only cokes, the migraines came back, and I felt horrible. I realized my body was craving the water.

Now I'm 28, and I haven't had a single coke in 29 days, and drink almost only water. If I don't drink at least 32 ounces of water a day, I don't feel good in the evening. Sometimes I drink double my water bottle (which is 32 oz).

ok reason #2- before when I drank sodas, and even when I drank only 1 soda and water the rest of the day, I was tired at 9 pm, sometimes I'd fight to stay up til 11. but heaven forbid I try to go out and make it past midnight. and I was always late to work. Making it at 8 am just didn't happen. Getting out of bed just wasn't something I could do. This month, once i quit drinking cokes and drink even more water than before, I can't go to sleep before midnight. and, I am at work earlier than normal, with my new normal time being 7 am. I have more energy. and my skin glows. and I have less pimples. and I'm less stressed.

did I mention- I've lost 6 pounds this month just from not drinking any soda??


Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that is awesome youre only drinking water! i wish i was brave enough to do it again.

a while back (like 6 years), i gave up my diet coke habit (i would have like 2-3 per day) and only drank water. i wouldnt even have diet coke in alcoholic drinks! i lost 20lbs in a month. i actually went to the doctor b/c i thought something was wrong. but nope...it was just a loss from no soda. i stayed soda sober for many years only to break it randomly when on a trip in florida. i need to not drink them anymore! maybe if i do a post similar i can hold myself accountable and quit drinking it once and for all! i think i may do that (sorry i just rambled!)