Friday, March 23, 2012

Mockingjay

This week I am linking up today with Heather from Blonde... Undercover Blonde for Friday's Book Club.



I finally finished the trilogy of The Hunger Games, just in time for the movie to premier today!!! Not excited, not excited at all...


The first 60 or so pages are rather long and boring.  I believe it took me near a month to read just that part.  Once I got past the first 60 pages, it took me only a couple days to read the next 300.  AH the suspense.

The Mockingjay has a lot of twists and turns, surprises and moments of sadness. It will be hard to put this book down even for a potty break. 

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she's made it out of the bloody arena alive, she's still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what's worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss's family, not her friends, not the people of District 12.

and of course, I have a few favorite quotes from the book:


"Our ancestors don't seem much to brag about.  I mean, look at the state they left us in, with the wars and the broken planet.  Clearly, they didn't care about what would happen to the people who came after them."


"Better not to give in to it.  It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart."

"But collective thinking is usually short-lived.  We're fickle, stupid beings with poor memories and a great gift for self-destruction."


Photobucket

6 comments:

Heather said...

..still haven't read this... :S

lil desiqua said...

Great quotes! And YAY for finishing just in time! Hopefully I'll get to see it this weekend... I've heard such great things about it!

Happy weekend!

Matthew MacNish said...

I loved The Hunger Games, but the second and third books were not as good I thought.

Victoria said...

this is definitely THE series to be reading right now. however,i still haven't read them,they don't seem to be my cup of tea...

happy weekend!!

Unknown said...

I haven't gotten to the 2nd or 3rd yet! I just finished the first one. Wonder if going to watch the movie will ruin it for me???

C said...

I definitely liked the first book the best out of the series.

Stopping by from the Boob Club link-up :)