Friday, September 7, 2012

The Service

After reading and enjoying the true events that were told in first person in The Lone Survivor I decided to purchase the author's, a local native of my town, second book. This book has more explanations and stories to go with it.


I am linking up today with Heather from Blonde... Undercover Blonde for Friday's Book Club.


The book I chose to read is: 
Uploaded from the Photobucket iPad App



In this second book, Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell has learned more about what happened on that one terrible week when his team was ambushed in Afghanistan several years back.  He talks about that day and the people that he will always forever be grateful for risking their own lives for his, as well as the details he did not know during his first book.  Marcus also returns to Iraq for another mission, that turns into a 6-month battle.  
I remember reading The Lone Survivor and I couldn’t put the book down because I was so enthralled with the details of that terrible event, however, I had a hard time staying focused in Service because the details were boring to me.  I prefer a book with more action than explanations.  This is a great book to read if you are interested in the war, and want to give our American Heroes a thought at the sacrifices they make for our country, but don’t read it expecting it to keep you turning page after page to see ‘what happens next’.  


Photobucket

1 comment:

Heather said...

I imagine the first book was a great read!