Sunday, September 30, 2012

Where should I go?

Thanks to my friend who I planned my first major travel trip with back in 2010, I’ve had the serious travel bug ever since. My only problem? Finding someone to travel with me who I didn’t fear would cause drama during the trip (which is exactly what happened with my selfish, condescending ‘friend’ I went on my last trip with). Most people don’t have the time, the money, or the desire to go somewhere. Or they have a significant other they wont go without (which, I don’t blame them, I wouldn’t either). So with that said, I am on the verge of planning: MY FIRST SOLO TRAVELLING TRIP. I recently discovered the term of my fear, solomangarephobia, so this will be quite a challenge for me, but I like a good challenge. Thanks to the internet, there is a lot of information on preparing for a safe travel, and almost as much information as preparing for a solo woman traveler. First question- Where do I want to go? I always wanted to go to Paris, but that’s not a place I want to go alone. I definitely think leaving America as my first solo trip is the best choice, as if I am going to stay in America, I’d like to turn my trip into a long road-trip, which isn’t fun alone. Russia is out of the question, never desired to go there, don’t like their accents. Italy would be nice, but isn’t that more of a romantic place? Switzerland, I can ski the Swiss Alps J Japan would be fun, I’d blend right in, since I’m short. ;) Or Korea. South. I have a free place to stay there, as well as a free tour guide lined up already. The world is endless with possibilities. But in 2013, I WILL be somewhere outside of America for a short time-being.

No comments: