Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Lil old lady down the road

I met this cute little old lady next door last weekend.  OMG I want to be her friend.  She invited me into her home and just started talking about her daughter (who is 71) and her daughter's boyfriend.  She is so friendly. 

She has heart troubles and the dr doesn't thinks he will live much longer.  I could see the tears in her eyes and the hurt in her voice when she mentioned that. I decided I was going to cook her some dinner and come back later on.  What do you cook someone? I'm not very good at that.

I decided to go with Roast.



By the way, she is 91, living on her own, still able to drive and do everything herself. Her car and her house were bought in the same year, 1966. and her car has ONLY 17,000 miles on it.  impressive, Rose!

I think I will spend my evenings letting her talk to me.  She once owned a restaurant here in town and has LOTS of stories she hasn't finished telling yet.

* UPDATE 7/13/15:
sweet Rose passed away yesterday. She had a heart attack in her sleep, and the neighbor found her when Rose didn't show up at their house that morning like she does every other morning.  I saw 5 cop cars there for ove an hour, then the Ambulance came and stayed for a long time until the funeral home came and picked her up.  She was so sweet!

No comments: