Monday, October 17, 2011

Weekend Recap

man I have been busy over the past few weekends for sure!
Friday night I went to my parents', and what should have been a 1.5 hr drive turned into a 5 hour drive, so I didn't get home until after 2:30 AM.  They completely blocked off the highway due to a multi-car wreck.
 :( 
Saturday morning I had a wake-up call at 7 am from my neice, she was happy to see me and Dude (the dog).  We headed off to the Fair parade where me and two of my aunts were the judges on the floats.  That was pretty neat!  Got a free t-shirt out of it.  who doesn't love free t-shirts?!! 



Then I convinced my whole family to go out for lunch for some awesome italian food. mmmm mmmmmm! After that I headed to my friend's baby shower. 
In the evening I worked on a paper, and attempted to feed my baby niece, and change her diaper.  At this point, I realized a) I havent' changed a diaper since my 15 year old cousin was a baby and I couldn't remember how, and b) my baby is going to starve to death because apparently I'm doing something wrong with feeding Brynnlei and Mom had to come to the rescue.  haha.


then went to the fair with my brother, sis-in-law, an her sister and boyfriend.  It was interesting to say the least.  My brother gave me a pass so I got in free at what would have cost $15.  I had my fair corn dog, and saw a picture of my sis-in-law in the art exhibit where her face won 3rd place.
We went to see the Eli Young Band play that evening, where me and my brother managed to sneak backstage for the concert. now THAT was cool. Would have been cooler if we stayed until the band was done playing, but my everyone else was ready to go before they were done.


Sunday I worked on my paper some more, and went back home.  again, a 1.5 hour drive home turned into a 3.5 hour drive, thanks to stalled cars and road construction causing a 4 lane highway to merge into one lane only.  sheesh!!  But then I got to town and met up with some friends for some volleyball, and then we sat and talked for a good 3 hours or so. that was nice.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Heather said...

I'm so mad you had a corndog without me.