Friday, September 16, 2011

Book Club- The Hunger Games

YAY! I am liking up with Heather from Blonde...Undercover Blonde again for a Book Club Friday!!



when looking for a book to read, a co-worker told me about The Hunger Games. I had no idea what I was getting myself into, but it kept me interested for sure.

The Hunger Games takes place in the future time after the destruction of  North America, in a nation known as Panem. Panem consists of a wealthy Capitol and twelve surrounding, poorer districts.
As punishment for a previous rebellion against the Capitol, every year, one boy and one girl between the ages of 12 and 18 from each district are selected at random and forced to participate in the Hunger Games, a televised event in which the participants, or "tributes," must fight to the death in a dangerous, outdoor arena, controlled by the Capitol, until only one remains. The main characters are Katniss and her new friend, Peeta. 

This book is really good. Although it took me a little over two weeks to read (considering I've had an extremely hectice schedule, I think that's a reasonable time).  I definitely recommend it and am looking forward to beginning the 2nd book in the 3 book series.

Photobucket

5 comments:

Heather said...

I've heard a lot of good stuff about this series! Can't wait to hear what you think about the next 2 books.

Victoria said...

i still haven't read this series, but i hear it is really good.

happy friday!

DaisyGirl said...

I'm about to start the second one! Glad you are enjoying them so far!

Have a great weekend!

Janie said...

The second is definitely the best of the series - it's sooo good!

xoxhaylee said...

Oh, you'll love the rest of the series too! =)