Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Enjoy eating out, but don't like paying for it?

I decided to do something a little different, 'special' for you guys. It does take a little bit of time, but to me, I find it worth it. I am a Mystery Shopper. (If you work at a local business, shhhh!!!!!!) I like to eat, but I hate spending $5 or more on a meal. call me cheap, I don't care. I signed up my first year of college in 2002 (wow- it's really been THAT long?!) for one website that I had to pay like, $20 for the year or something like that. I was a newbie, and $20 a year didn't seem like much. What I found out is this particular website I signed up for had other mystery shopping vendors contact me through this so I could request specific 'jobs' and whatnot. I wrote down that mystery shopping's webpage, and the next year cancelled my membership. Through many researches, I found out you should NEVER EVER pay to be a mystery shopper. Why you may ask? Because there are too many free ones out there that it's not worth your money.

Typically, I assign myself to a local wing store in town, McDonalds, sonic, and Denny's. Used to Mr. Gatti's every month, but they closed down :( It's undercover. They don't know you are doing this. You initially pay out of pocket to eat there, then you report your results to the website, and they write you a check for what you spent (Up to a certain amount) +$5 or so, for doing the job. so I go to Sonic, spend $5, and make $10 total.

I keep a spreadsheet of all the sites that I check regularly with my passwords. I am going to share with you those sites (THAT ARE FREE) in case you are interested.

These are the ones I use the most often:
evaluator2.second-to-none.com
Food
Gas stations
Food
Food
strategicreflections.com
Food

I'll probably add more on here if anyone is interested. 




Photobucket

2 comments:

Curly Girl Confessions said...

We are business owners and just "love" mystery shoppers. :) Seems like a fun gig though and who doesn't love free food!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing!!