Thursday, September 22, 2011

Summer Vacation

Michael from Writing Art and Design is doing a piece on summer vacations.  and I really wanted to join this so I can share my experiences on my once in a lifetime trip.


Summer vacations? Those are for teachers, and students, but not your average person who is forced to work 40 + hours a week!! However, I do find time for vacations other times in the year, which I prefer as I don't have to worry about so many whiney jr. high and high school kids trying to tour and look at the same things I want to check out. I don't travel often, but would love to so much! I love it. got my passport last year, and now I have 9 more years to put it to use and make it worth having!!!

I took a trip in Oct. 2010 (wow- has it really been a whole year ago?!) to Australia, New Zealand and Fiji. What a Great experience! Met a great friend in Au and she even came back to America for a vacation and just this past Sunday night I had the privelege of hanging out with her the night before she flew back home. We went bowling. I lost. :(

Australia is gorgeous. The food servings were about 1/4 of that in America, which explains why I didn't see but maybe 2? fat people. yea. And the corporate offices have gyms, and on their 2 hour lunch breaks, the employees go out for a run- together. They were training for a triatholon event to compete against each other while I was there. That was neat to watch hundreds of people running on their lunch breaks around the Opera House. What a view! Went diving in the ocean. it was all of 45 degrees, so can we say freezing?! Had an Aussie Barbie with the dive instructors and some new friends. Walked around the city, took 1000 photos. Hiked down a mountain.



New Zealand is perfect. Magnifico. Beautiful, cool air. Wide open spaces. Went on a Lord of the Rings tour and learned all about the making of the film (which totally was not of interest to me, but the view was unbelievable). Our tour guide's name is Hammond Peek (he's on IMDB), he actually did some of the music and whatnot for the movies, along with other movies too. Met some new friends there. Met some famous bands there too.



Fiji was awful. Rude. dirty. Smelly. Ugly. nothing is open on Sundays. Not impressed to say the least.


Photobucket

4 comments:

noone said...

awesome pictures you took, it looks like you had a great time!

Nicki Elson said...

Well, I will cross Fiji off my list. These are beautiful collages---you look so happy! Glad you got the opportunity to go on what sounds like an amazing trip. Now you've GOT to see Lord of the Rings.

erica and christy said...

Although I've never had a passport, Australia and New Zealand are on my (and hubby's) "bucket lists". Definitely a vacation to remember!
erica

Michael Di Gesu said...

Hi, Jules,

This is unbelievable. LOVE THE ROO! So cute! Glad you had an awesome time... it shows.

Thanks for sharing your amazing trip with us....